Those of you who have been enjoying the popular PC game Magicka but have been finding it lacking lately are in for a nice change of pace today; today sees the release of The Other Side of the Coin, which allows you to, in fact, see the other side of the coin by being the baddies for a change. Check out the full press release details here, as well as the trailer afterward.
NEW YORK – June 19, 2012 – How can acting bad be so wrong when it feels so right? Paradox Interactive today announced that kinda-co-op-but-mostly-I-killed-you-on-purpose title Magickahas received its latest DLC adventure.
To celebrate that being bad feels so good,
watch the release trailer here:
Entitled The Other Side of the Coin, the evil expansion features a new campaign that puts evil-doers in the shoes of the baddies as they seek out to destroy all things good and gooder. We know one of those words in the last sentence doesn’t exist, but hey—when we say we’re bad, we mean bad at everything, including spelling. Take that, elementary school teachers!
Developed by Pieces Interactive in partnership with Arrowhead Game Studios, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin enables players to take on the role of Alucart the Vampire and his gang of Necromancers. Besides being extremely ill tempered, they’re looking to sabotage the temporary peace between the elves, dwarves, and humans that rival vampire (we mean, not a vampire?) Vlad has worked so hard to build up. With evil at one’s fingertips, what could possibly go wrong?
Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin DLC launches today on leading digital distribution platforms for $4.99 USD. Get it here: www.magickagame.com/game-info/buy-the-game
- Play as Alucart the not not a Vampire and his henchmen, the Necromancers
- One exciting new story challenge set among beautiful new elven architecture
- 4 new challenge maps: World’s End, Volcano Hideout, OSOTC Arena and the Mirror Crystal Cavern Hideout
- Necromancer introduced to PvP
- New achievements
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations
- Up to four player co-op in all game modes as well as single player option
- Experience the parody and satire of a cliché fantasy world